• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 anar

anar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Hi - I've followed the directions in "Creating Custom Templates for SOHO" and have zipped my files into one folder named "COPE-clouds-blue" . When I upload, however, the files aren't staying together in one template folder. When I go to the template dropdown list, each file (html, gif, css, etc.) is displayed separately. What did I do wrong?

#2 anar

anar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

I just tried uploading via ftp and everything works fine. Still would like to know why the ZIP upload method didn't work, though.

#3 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

Components of your template in the zip file need to have the folder path specified. If you have winzip installed, the easiest method is to go to Windows Explorer and right-mouse click on the folder name (COPE-clouds-blue) and select winzip --> add to COPE-clouds-blue.zip. This creates the zip file COPE-clouds-blue.zip with the correct path for all components.

#4 Heather

Heather

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

I have been zipping my folder with winzip so it is named OA-temp-white and it keeps telling me it is the wrong format - I am using Dreamweaver to design my page - please help me - you can email me at heather.g@sympatico.ca

Thanks
Heather

#5 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

Then template manager tells you it being in the wrong format, chances are the upload of the zip file is successful but the template itself has issues. You need at least the #CONTENT# tag in your template.

#6 allegra

allegra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:23 AM

Hello,

I tried everything...I added #CONTENT# in the css file and in the html, <!--#CONTENT#-->, just under the logo...nothing works. I tried uploading through FTP...same...Please help???

Thank you so much.

#7 gidgetnc

gidgetnc

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

I followed all the intructions & zipped the file correctly. It shows up in the menu, but says "This template does not seem to be in Pro Edition format." File is named correctly & has #CONTENT# in file. Please tell me how to fix upload?!!:huh:

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

Post your url and the name of the template so we can take a look.

#9 gidgetnc

gidgetnc

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

http://www.spotlightdesignandphoto.com

Template name: sdp>Template Black

#10 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

Template name: sdp>Template Black

If this is the template name shown up in sohoadmin > template manager, the template folder should be "sohoadmin/program/modules/site_tempates/pages/sdp-Tempalte_Black/". However, it is not there.

Please double-check the spelling.

One more thing, when you zip the template, make sure the template's folder name "sdp-Template_Black" is in the path. The easist way to do this is to position the template folder on the right pane of Windows Explorer, right-mouse click on the folder, select winzip and then zip to sdp-Template_Black.

#11 gidgetnc

gidgetnc

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

right-mouse click on the folder, select winzip and then zip to sdp-Template_Black.

This is exactly how I zipped it & it tells me "template uploaded" & shows on the choose template menu. When I select it "This template does not seem to be in Pro Edition format." is what I get.:(

#12 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:21 AM

What is the template's folder name? Please spell it exactly.

#13 gidgetnc

gidgetnc

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:32 AM

SDP-Template_Black

#14 Zapper

Zapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:00 AM

I had a similar problem lately... it took me forever to notice that instead of "index.html" I had the main template file spelled - "index .html" -- note the additional space!

Soholaunch templates HAVE to have an "index.html" file.

#15 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

There is NO file in the sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/SDP-Template_Black/ folder, AND I see "index.html" in sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/, which indicates that your zipfile components DO NOT carry the template folder name in their paths.

Check your winzip configuration: Fire up winzip and go to options > configuraitons > explorer enhancements and check "add to" includes folder information.

You can also upload all files in your template to sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/SDP-Template_Black/ directly via FTP.

#16 gidgetnc

gidgetnc

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

Winzip settings ok, still wouldn't upload - but I used ftp and it works now. Thanks:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users