• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 imwkxxbr

imwkxxbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:37 PM

How do I change the colour of the sports template? simple instrctions please as I am new to this.

Thanks

#2 Snipe

Snipe

• Moderators
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

What colors are you wanting to change..?? The ones in the header are .jpg and .gif images

You can find them here sohoadmin / program / modules / site_templates / pages / SPORTS-The_Colorless_Ballplayer-none
When I was young my aunt's and uncle's would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying " Your Next, Your Next" They stopped doing all that crap when I did it to them at funerals...

#3 imwkxxbr

imwkxxbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

I typed the file name into the address bar and up came the template, but what now. i don't see how I can edit the template. Am I trying to dedit from the wrong place.

By the way I want to change the grey background for the text area into white.

Thanks

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

Use FTP and download the index.html file from the folder to your computer.

Edit this file by finding this line:

<td bgcolor="#DADADA" class="pound_content">#CONTENT#</td>

Replace it with

<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" class="pound_content">#CONTENT#</td>

Save the file, and FTP it back to the folder.

This amounts to modifying an HTML file, which is pretty much what a template is with special tags. If you are not comfortable with this instruction, perhaps you should not do it.

#5 imwkxxbr

imwkxxbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for that

Perhaps you could explain how I FTP it. I cannot find a menu option. However I did a text edit and saved it. The background colour is now white when I view it. I uploaded it as html page to the file manager. It now resides in 'Custom HTNL includes' directory. My attempts to change the template via the page properties is unfortunately failing.

Are you able to check and tell me how to do the last bit. I understand HTML and the coding but the FTP bit would also be useful to know.

Thanks again

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:55 AM

FTP requires a client program on your PC that links it to your server and move files back and forth. Uploading through Soho File Manager won't work since you have to move it back to where you get it from.

Alternatively, you can use the File Manager with your website's Cpanel or other type of site management facility. In any event, you need to move it back to precisely where it should reside.

#7 imwkxxbr

imwkxxbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

OK

How do I do that? There is a FTP icon in the vodahost Cpanel screen, but it is difficult to understand....for me anyway. Is there another method / software of using FTP to do this?

Some sort of detailed instruction would be helpful as I am struggling to grasp what to do next.

Thanks

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:04 PM

To complete what you set out to do, you can put FTP aside for the moment. Your vodahost cpanel should have a File Manager icon. Go there and navigate yourself to the template folder

public_html/sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/SPORTS-The_Colorless_Ballplayer-none

and upload the index.html file you modified. You should then be done with your color change project.

To learn more about FTP, start here:

http://www.htmlgoodi...cle.php/3473281

#9 imwkxxbr

imwkxxbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:01 PM

Great it now works.

Once you drill down the file manager menu in Vodahost and reach the file they have an HTML editor. So no need to transfer files as the changes can be made there and then. I also found that the original template was being displayed even once I had changed it, I suppose it was saved in the cache? Once I deleted internet files it worked perfetly.

Thanks again

#10 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

Congrats!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users