• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:17 PM

Here's a website I just did free of charge for a wonderful organizaiton called "Animal D.R.E.A.M.S (Dignified Rescues, Education, Adoption, & Medical Services)":

http://berkshireanimaldreams.org/

This is a not-for-profit organization improving the lives of feral and abandoned cats, and is run by a group of tireless volunteers.

If you feel like contribute, please do send them an email or give them a call.

Leh-Wen

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

I have implemented a Donations page on this site:

http://berkshireanim...hp?pr=Donations

This is done via customization to the shopping cart:

1. An item called "Donation" with the price of $1 is defined.
2. The form on this page actually accepts the dollar amount but passes it through as the "quantity" to shopping cart.
3. Unnecessary steps and fields such as shipping address during the checkout process are bypassed.
4. Invoice presentation is modified to not showing "quantity" and "unit price".

We welcome ALL donations! :)

#3 draknet

draknet

• Moderators
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:13 PM

It's a really nice site! That's one of the things I love about Soho - being able to do sites for non-profits without it being a huge hassle/being bugged for updates because they want some text changed and had a heart attack when they looked at the code.

One issue with the donation page - I typed in 21.00, and got an error. I assume that only works with a straight numeric with no decimals. Thought about throwing some javascript in there to round to the nearest dollar and strip off the .00? "Error Character Position 3" is not a very intuitive error. :)

DrakNet Web Hosting | (Or just me: jenlepp.com | Twitter: @jenlepp)
Please note that DrakNet no longer offers licensed Soholaunch as of 9/1/2010 - if you are looking at an old forum post that recommends us as a Soholaunch host, please note that situation has changed since the post was made.

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

You are right and I may get around to do it when I have time :)

As a matter of fact, I used a pre-written javascript to do some basic validation. I changed the message to "please enter whole dollars" and rid of the built-in, non-intuitive verbiage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users