Demonstrating What Soholaunch is about.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:12 PM

Having taken the time to see various responses to the release of Soholaunch Pro we quickly realized that prospective customers are not getting an accurate picture of the power of the product. Some we found were even comparing it to far inferior products (menu based systems without several of the features and with no drag and drop functionalilty.)

So if you are wondering what Soholaunch is all about and how it can benefit you and your customers feel free to See it here (Soholaunch is brandable and in this demo is branded as Storepack Sitebuilder)-

------ URL REMOVED, SITE DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE ---------

Host interested in having this branded to their Company's name can now visit
------ URL REMOVED, SITE DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE --------- for ordering information

We still have a bit of touching up and tightening up that we are aware of. This does not represent all there is to Soholaunch but is a quick overview for you and your prospective customers. For training in Soholaunch please see the training videos made by Demodemo on Soholaunch's support page. For the regulars - Please give us, demostorm (we are not part of Soholaunch), your feedback and especially if you felt we overlooked any powerful and popular feature of Soholaunch that would help you "sell" the idea of Soholaunch to your customers or if you discovered any errors or slowdowns in delivery time. These presentations are now available to any hosts on a Private labeled (your company's name replacing all references to Storepack Sitebuilder/Storebuilder) basis. Please contact us at sales@demostorm.com for details.

#2 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:47 PM

Happy to announce that another demo (Ecommerce Presentation) has now been added to Presentation Pack at the suggestion of our client. You may view it here.

Feel free to use the link to promote the purchase of Soholaunch lincenses (but please do not use it as a sales tool to your end user without contacting us)

The 24 part Training Pack is now available and will hopefully complement the Presentation Pack for Avid Soholaunch users like us who are already sold on Soholaunch with the following subjects-

* Installing With Fantastico
* Logging in
* Using the Quickstart Wizard
* Introduction to the Admin Panel
* First Steps
* Adding pages
* Uploading files
* Editing pages
* Navigation Menu Controls
* Using the Template manager

Advanced Sessions

* Page Layout Techniques
* Using The Text Editor
* Shopping Cart Intro 1
* Shoping Cart Intro 2
* Shopping Cart Intro 3
* Crating a Photo Albums
* Adding a Calendar to Your Site
* Creating and Adding Forms
* Creating Blogs
* Using the Enewsletter System
* Viewing Site Statistics
* Creating Secure Users and Pages
* Working with Datatables
* Template Design

Enjoy! and as usual give us all the feedback you can, We want to make sure as many people know about the features of Soholaunch as possible :)

#3 dlsweb

dlsweb

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:56 PM

Hello Demostorm,
I have emailed you and PM'ed you the last couple of days so I thought I would try here to contact you.

I would like to see your training packs and can not find them to view.
Can you email me or PM me where I may view them?

#4 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:15 AM

Hello Demostorm,
I have emailed you and PM'ed you the last couple of days so I thought I would try here to contact you.

I would like to see your training packs and can not find them to view.
Can you email me or PM me where I may view them?

In case anyone else has the same question - We have now made the tutorials accessible through the admin panel in a smaller window so that customers can actually view the tutorials in one window and still be able to pause and switch back and forth as they work with their site. For the time being you can view the Training Pack Tutorials here

You can see the details in this thread if you are interested in getting them branded for your company.

#5 macomb

macomb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:37 PM

Got it, and love it! Great job... Only thing missing is being able to view the tutorials using Mozilla (NS) as presented at http://website.sohol...dex.php?pr=Demo . I understand that a SiteBuilder client will be using IE in the SohoLaunch Admin anyway, but it would be great to reach the Mozilla (NS) market using these tutorials for sales presentations, Support Pages, etc..

-Richard
http://Host4u2.com

#6 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, THeres somes compliance issues with the HTML which will take a few minutes to fix. Now why would you want to use those for Sales presentation when you already own our delightful Presentation Pack? :rolleyes:

#7 webdev

webdev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:11 AM

Hello Everyone..

If people don't know what soholaunch can do, then it's because it's being marketing wrong.

Soholaunch themselve's should provide answers to "thier" pre-sales questions, not affiliates or resellers of soholaunch.

It's unfair for resellers to have forum moderators or empolyee's advertising in the forums.

Just a thought,
Webdev

#8 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:21 PM

Hello Everyone..

If people don't know what soholaunch can do, then it's because it's being marketing wrong.

Soholaunch themselve's should provide answers to "thier" pre-sales questions, not affiliates or resellers of soholaunch.

It's unfair for resellers to have forum moderators or empolyee's advertising in the forums.

Just a thought,
Webdev

A couple points of logic to the thought.

First, resellers have always provided anwers to the products they resell or they would not be very good resellers. Secondly, I have yet to see any resellers advertising their services here. What has been advertised are services that are complementary to the selling of Soholaunch (which many companies do) in order to help resellers sell.

So the claims of injustice are off target.

Sohotemplates provide templates for soholaunch and we (demostorm) provide training and presentation for the application FOR RESELLERS (with their reseller branding) so there is no reason to insult Soholaunch's ability to market the product or to back handedly accuse moderators of injustice.

That said there could be an area for third party aids and applications as countless applications have. Not being a moderator or employees (off the mark again) we don't have the power to make such an area and were approved and encouraged to offer these aids to Resellers on their behalf - not against them.

#9 webdev

webdev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

The point that was being made was this... SohoLaunch Pro has more of a selling point and use for Web Hosts and Developers than that of the actual user. This has been and will be a main issue for along time to come.

Since more and more hosts are including soholaunch pro free with hosting plans and it's well surpassed that of the developers who offer custom versions and modules or custom includes, the issues within the software over the coming months will become much more apparent. If you think the bug requests or feature requests are bad and repetitive now, just wait a few months.

As posted above, SohoLaunch Pro is marketed at web hosts and developers. The software hits that mark 100%. But when it comes down to the actual benefit and added value to the end user, it's only there by about 25%... Unless they have experience with php and mysql to write in what they need to support thier site.

Fixing the browser compatibility issues alone will fix a good 50% of all other problems.

In regards to the first post here:

>>Some we found were even comparing it to far inferior products
>>(menu based systems without several of the features and with no
>>drag and drop functionalilty.)

Drag and drop is the reason why the software is limited to IE. It's also the #1 problem. Check boxes or the use of radio buttons to select which module gets used on what page works just as good. If it didn't, you wouldn't see the $10,000+ CMS Systems using it.. That in itself fixes the browser issue so that any other wysiwyg editor could be incorporated.

Webdev

#10 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:27 PM

I have a hard time figuring out what or whom you are addressing . Most people on these boards already know Soholaunch is aimed at hosts and developers. In regard to the end users of the product - a great many don't know the power of the application because they haven't seen it in action.

There is no such thing as a free edition as far as I know. There is such a thing as a free trial edition which has created its own problems because it comes with limited modules and because it has been advertsied by hosts that ditch it when the 6 months are over without telling their clients they were never going to purchase it. The lack of seeing what it can do and the state of some of the templates has much more to do with any shortfall you see in its use than anything else.

These limitations are exactly why we posted the presentation demos to show people the power of the application in use since there is no running demo (for various reasons)

#11 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:31 PM

Now on to your observations in regard to the use of IE.

All I can say to that is - No, no , and double no. Check boxes and radio buttons are not just as good. Thats heading back into the stone age. I know you mean well but you have got to become more up to date with the present sitebuilders on the market and where they are heading in order to understand our points. Drag and drop is not limited to IE. That died about six months back. Soholaunch has already done preliminary work to address his new reality. You also fundamentally misunderstand the difference between CMS applications and sitebuilder as exist in the market today.

As the name implies CMS applications are for the most part about CONTENT management while many of the sitebuilders are about DESIGN. Using a Sitebuilder like Soholaunch the enduser can lay out a page putting text where he wants, graphics where he wants and a variety of media files where they want. Sitebuilders like it or not are heading in the direction of online Frontpage or dreamweaver applications. CMS applications (although there are some that blur the distinction) already give a structure to a page that is hard coded into the particular template installed.

I am quite confident given that Soholaunch knows what we know in regard to the market that they will never go back to check boxes and radio buttons. Drag and drop is here to stay.

#12 Guest_Joe Lain_*

Guest_Joe Lain_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

Demostorm great job on the site and products!

Check boxes or the use of radio buttons to select which module gets used on what page works just as good. If it didn't, you wouldn't see the $10,000+ CMS Systems using it.

Just as Demostorm has stated, the drag and drop system has created a advanced organization system that allows more diverse websites. After talking to many folks at HostingCon and hearing their enthusiasms about the product... Stay tuned, and keep an eye on that list of CMS systems ;) .

#13 GingerCat

GingerCat

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:47 AM

tthat's a broken link you've given us

#14 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:14 PM

GingerCat, I believe demostorm is not an active website anymore.
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users