• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Ness

Ness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hi Barbara, sorry I took so long to get back to you. It really would be too hard for me to explain how I designed my site in frontpage and made in compatible with soholaunch. I really am a novice at all this and my advice might lead u down the wrong path! It took me three months to get my website to work (although I have three young kids and my time on the PC is confined to late at night).

As I mentioned, I structured my site with tables. Certain cells that I wanted to contain forms/products etc from the soholaunch page editor, had the code: #CONTENT# inside the cell (I read these sections in the soholaunch manual about ten times: Custom template design guidelines, The design process, Special variables, Required files, How to upload). Most of it I didn't understand but I got enough out of it to get it to work. I would also recommend sticking to soholaunch templates, unless you're willing to put in some long learning hours of frustration. Sorry Barbara, just don't want to give you the wrong idea about designing your own site. Hope any of this helps you.

Gingercat: my menu was done through frontpage just using hyperlinks, but note that they have to be coded in a particular way to be compatible with soholaunch (see Linking to Site Pages, under the heading Site Templates in the soholaunch manual).

Sinclair, Liam22: thanks for your positive commments!

:)

#22 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

for anybody who needs a little bit help changing a template or getting started with a basic setup, you can use our free templates to look how things are done.

http://sohotemplates...rowser&catid=27
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

#23 sinclair

sinclair

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:54 PM

Yes, I agree with Reuben about choosing DreamWeaver if you are just starting out. It is the industry standard for webpage design.

But I am very fast at learning software (been a heavy software user since Apple IIe! - that tells you how old I am!) and have found DreamWeaver not as intuitive to pick up. I guess I was weaned on Office products and find them extremely easy to learn and use and get quickly to the task at hand.

FrontPage is not a good choice for power html developer, but perfect for WYSIWYG folks like me. A lot of the design community got turned off of FrontPage at the beginning because it created a mess on behind the scenes (and still does somewhat) and because it was much more limited than latest version.

If you use any Microsoft products, then you will find FrontPage easy to learn. If you are not going to be doing a lot of webpage design (besides just editing templates) then FrontPage is fine for that.

I have found that just using the FrontPage Help files and going online to Frontpage website is all I need. And is free. But I have always been good at self-teaching.

Good Luck

#24 djdubuque@gmail.com

djdubuque@gmail.com

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

It's been a while in the making. I never thought I could of designed and created a website alone but I did! I did have a few hiccups with soholaunch, but couldn't have done my site without it.

Let me know what u think...... (any feedback, bad or good, would be appreciated).

www.raptinbliss.com

Thanks guys ;)

SITE IS DOWN!!!!:uh:

#25 Asiadeep

Asiadeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:39 AM

Err..yah it is down man.

" This account is temporarily unavailable.
Please contact your hosting provider"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users