• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Ness

Ness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:46 AM

It's been a while in the making. I never thought I could of designed and created a website alone but I did! I did have a few hiccups with soholaunch, but couldn't have done my site without it.

Let me know what u think...... (any feedback, bad or good, would be appreciated).

www.raptinbliss.com

Thanks guys ;)

#2 kidsparty

kidsparty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

I think your site looks great. Really artistic.

And … it's simple to use.

I think you are really clever. I wish I could work out how to make mine look better!
:rolleyes: kidsparty :rolleyes:
www.kidspartyinvitations.com.au

#3 Ness

Ness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:20 PM

Thanks! It's nice to see another aussie on soholaunch. Good luck with your site too.

#4 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:25 PM

Nice job! Any objection to me adding your site to our featured sites page? :)

#5 Ness

Ness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

Thanks Mike, and yes, I'm more than happy for it to be added to the featured site pages. :rolleyes:

#6 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:14 AM

and yes, I'm more than happy for it to be added to the featured site pages.

Didn't think you'd object, but figured I'd check anyway. ;)

You're added! :)

#7 livelife

livelife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:58 PM

Hi

It looks like there a few of us from Oz using this forum!!!!!!!!!

I really like your websie, the colours and how everything is set up.
I am trrying to build my site and have some problems.

I really would appreciate telling us how you started.
You obviously made your own template. Did you strt from scratch
or did you use any of the soho templates and modified it?

Did you use soho's text editor? How did you designed the menu
and how did you place it where it is? Does one have to know html to design
a site like that? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barbara

#8 Ness

Ness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:54 AM

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your compliments. I must tell u tho, it was HARD work! I've never used html or frontpage for that matter, so I had to learn from scratch (lots of help menu research and google research). I created my own template in Microsoft frontpage, using tables to keep everything where it should be. I didn't use the soholaunch menu system, I created the links I needed in Frontpage.

I would of liked to of used Soho's text editor, but every time I opened it all of my IE6 windows closed on me! i did post a thread asking for help but never received a reply! So I just did practically everything in Frontpage, except for the shopping cart and the forms.

Don't get me wrong, I could not have done anything even close to this site without soho launch, I think it's a really powerful tool. I just found that I didn't like any of the templates, and to create your own, you do need to have some very basic html knowledge, and you need to read the soholaunch manual very carefully.

Let me know how u go, or if u have any other questions... I understand how overwhelming it can be!

Vanessa.:)

#9 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:56 AM

Hi vanessa, If you don't like any of the default templates, you can take a look at www.sohotemplates.com :-)
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

#10 Ness

Ness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Reuben. I did look at those templates actually! But I really had a specific design/layout in mind, so that's why I took so much time to learn how to design my own template. I think if I used one of the sohotemplates, I could of completed my website in a day or two, instead of a month or two!! Nevermind.

Thanks again, Vanessa. ;)

#11 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

Let me know if we (soholaunch or sohotemplates) would be able to support you in any other way to provide you with the layout/design you need. you can PM me if you are looking for anything specific.
Ruben

#12 livelife

livelife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:10 AM

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your compliments. I must tell u tho, it was HARD work! I've never used html or frontpage for that matter, so I had to learn from scratch (lots of help menu research and google research). I created my own template in Microsoft frontpage, using tables to keep everything where it should be. I didn't use the soholaunch menu system, I created the links I needed in Frontpage.

I would of liked to of used Soho's text editor, but every time I opened it all of my IE6 windows closed on me! i did post a thread asking for help but never received a reply! So I just did practically everything in Frontpage, except for the shopping cart and the forms.

Don't get me wrong, I could not have done anything even close to this site without soho launch, I think it's a really powerful tool. I just found that I didn't like any of the templates, and to create your own, you do need to have some very basic html knowledge, and you need to read the soholaunch manual very carefully.

Let me know how u go, or if u have any other questions... I understand how overwhelming it can be!

Vanessa.:)

Hi Venessa

I actually started looking more and more at FrontPage. There are tutorials on the net so I suppose one can learn it. I have one question though. Can you upload a page created in FrontPage to Soho? How do you do it? I didn't think that you can do that and also add things in Soho if pahe is created in FP. :confused: :confused: :confused: Please elaborate.

My provider is Webcity and they allow to install FronPage extensions but you have to unistall Soho if you want to do that. I'm confused.

Cheers

Barbara

#13 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

Frontpage uses a complete different 'type of codes' to create a website than Soholaunch does, even creating a template with frontpage is 'not possible' thats why they are not compatible. I would suggest using the template builder inside soholaunch.
Ruben

#14 livelife

livelife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:59 AM

Hi Ruben
Thanks for your comments. I asked the question about FrontPage in Soho because Venessa clearly said that she designed her page in FrontPage. I really would like to see her comments.
Regarding soho. It is disappointing that several functions in the text editor were disabled in the latest version which really limits what you can do.
Do you know anything about it?:(
Barbara

#15 GingerCat

GingerCat

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:24 AM

I like the way you managed to make your site NOT look like a standard soholaunch site. Is the top menu one created by you using html or have you doctored up the soholaunch menu system?

#16 liam22

liam22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:06 AM

It's been a while in the making. I never thought I could of designed and created a website alone but I did! I did have a few hiccups with soholaunch, but couldn't have done my site without it.

Let me know what u think...... (any feedback, bad or good, would be appreciated).

www.raptinbliss.com

Thanks guys ;)

Wow! Your site is great. The colors are very soft! goodluck.

#17 sinclair

sinclair

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:18 AM

What I did was start with a Soho template that had some of the basics that I wanted. Then I opened the index page in FrontPage and then edited it until I got what I wanted.

It took a while for me to figure out what the .css was controlling as I had no previous knowledged of css.

Going back and forth from FrontPage (editing in FrontPage, zipping it, uploading it in Soho, changing to the newest version of my template, then viewing it in Soho, then repeating to tweak the design - over and over and over again) is very time consuming. Mostly this was because of my lack of experience in all of this. But I have been using FrontPage for years - but mainly using templates.

I just kept reading these forums and trying things out until I could get it to do what I wanted ....

Oh, and calling Cameron of course! He is the greatest help!

#18 sinclair

sinclair

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:22 AM

That raptinbliss.com is very well done. The blankets look fantastic!

#19 livelife

livelife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:26 AM

OK. I understand
Do you know of any good and fee websites where one can learn Frontpage?
Thanks
Barbara;)

#20 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:40 AM

I would start learning Dreamweaver instead if i was you. im sure you will be glad you made that choice at a later stage. but thats just my opinion. :-)
Ruben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users