Fantastico Install - Congratulations

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

Just read the announcement from Kosmo. First I want to congratulate you guys on getting SohoLaunch into Fantastico. We'll be prepared for the stampede to these boards and it really makes the success of Soho guaranteed so its a no brainer and goes a long way to your financial success (much less making installations easier.)

I do have a question though. I am a Fantastico user already paying for Soho. From what I am reading anyone who buys a new license from Netenberg can go on for 6 MONTHTHS using Soholaunch with 3 addons for free. 6 months is a long time. As it is as an existing customer I can get three months for free and a 20% discount thereafter. Is there any difference (besides a few modules) that an existing Soholaunch partner enjoys? Any kind of perks for older customers?

To be honest I guess I was expecting the Soholaunch Base to be pretty open to new users and the PRO modules to be more guarded but the more popular modules already seem to be included. Either way Getting the Auto install done so quickly is yet another feather in your caps and I look forward to helping out with all the newbies coming online (So Cameron can actually get some sleep) Thanks.

#2 critter

critter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:42 PM

I have just used the new Fantastico install & am trying to access the admin area, despite checking & re-checking the user & pass are correct they are being regected & I am being re-directed to:

http://www.codenberg.com/sohoadmin/index.php

:confused:

Can you help please.

Gerry

#3 Cameron Allen

Cameron Allen

• Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:01 PM

Critter, First you must generate a partner login. To do this and take advantage of the Fantastico offer you must go through the link that fantastico provided and fill out the form. After the form is completed and your ip address is approved you will recieve an email with your partner login information and instructions.

Demostorm, thank you for your support and I can appreciate where your coming from. I am going to get all these answers and get back to you!

#4 critter

critter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:46 PM

Thank you Cameron, :eek: I guess I overlooked that. :o

Can I suggest a couple of modifications please:

1) Get Fantastico to spell that out in RED on the admin page.

2) Have the redirect send people to the activation page.

Thanks for your help.

Gerry

#5 Cameron Allen

Cameron Allen

• Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:51 PM

I have had a few responses addressing the confusion over where to generate a partner login. We will address kosmo with this and hopefully get a link in the Fantastico CP.

#6 critter

critter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:55 PM

Another thought:

For some Fantastico end user instalations they include an additional page during the setup for extra information, do you think they might be able to do that during the soholaunch activation on the admin page?

Gerry

#7 critter

critter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:35 PM

During the end user install I was told that there where files already in the domain that conflicted with the install & that as a result the install could not go ahead.

Would it be possible to point out in the Fantastico CP what is & what is not permitted during an end user install?

Gerry

#8 rurbaniak

rurbaniak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:20 PM

Fatastico WOW, good job! I see these forums about to pick up! Unfortunately I'm running Ensim, so it won't work for me. :(

Any thing in the works with the Ensim Power Tools, or with Ensimshop.com for Ensim installing?

#9 Cameron Allen

Cameron Allen

• Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:17 PM

I don't believe anything is in the works for Ensim, but who knows what could happen in the future.

#10 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:46 PM

anyone who buys a new license from Netenberg can go on for 6 MONTHTHS using Soholaunch with 3 addons for free. 6 months is a long time.

We want everybody to have the breathing room to try it, deploy it, and start experiencing it's customer-retention/upselling magic....because then you're going to need more feature licenses to fufill the upgrade requests. And since your money's already in the bank, you'll have no qualms about moving into one of the bigger server license packs to accomadate your customers. :-)

That's the beauty of this whole thing: Your customers (end-users) get better websites, you guys (web hosts) sell more of your high-level hosting packages, and we sell more licenses. Everybody wins.

Is there any difference (besides a few modules) that an existing Soholaunch partner enjoys? Any kind of perks for older customers?

At this point, we figured it'd be best to just treat everyone equally in regards to the Fantastico deal, while being careful to make sure all current Soholaunch partners have full access to any new specials, etc. This is not to say that we won't offer anything in the future specifically for existing partners. Just not at this moment.

However, you do have seniority, which means your voice is certainly louder (no offense new guys). When it's time to add features, make changes, etc. to anything, it's our senior partners that we look to most for direction and ideas. :)

#11 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:50 PM

Can I suggest a couple of modifications please:
1) Get Fantastico to spell that out in RED on the admin page.

2) Have the redirect send people to the activation page.

Thanks for the user-side insight, Gerry. I'll make sure to mention this to my go-to guy at Fantastico next time I talk to him.

#12 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:58 PM

Any thing in the works with the Ensim Power Tools, or with Ensimshop.com for Ensim installing?

We want to have all the CP's covered, so we'll be approaching people like those you mentioned in the near future. Let's just hope that they'll be half as great to work with as Fantastico has been. :)

#13 lin2o8

lin2o8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

Hi, I hosted with vodahost.It provides soho pro and fantastico to install. But I could not install in c /panel.The soho installed at the first time was removed accidentally.I wish to install soho as site2/public_html in my main dormain which was designed using bluevoda.
any advise is appreciated.Thank

lin2o8

The following (1)was replies from its techncial support.But there was no such install word to click to install in c/panel or at the fantastico. Instead the mesage (2) appeared.

(1)Hello,

Please login to your cpanel. Then click on the blue smiley face, called Fantastico. Then click on Soholaunch. Then click install. Follow the directions there to get soholaunch installed.

(2)Only one instance of this script can be installed!
You need to remove the existing installation in order to re-install.
Disk space required: 31.35 MB
Disk space available: 23891.5 MB

Current installations:

None

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users